‘How to win friends and influence people’ is a self-help book which is the pioneer of this genre. Written by Dale Carnegie and published in 1936, it has sold over 30 million copies.
This book is a guide in improving a person’s aura in the world. It is about changing how the world views and treats you by changing your own behaviour. That means that if you change the kind of energy that you emit, what comes back to you is also different. This is one of the most influential business and communication skills guide. This book teaches you how to market yourself and generate more clients.
This book tries to get you out of a mental hell and provides you with ambition and goals. It enables you to be friendlier and seem a positive person to others, it helps you become a popular person who is liked by the majority and in business terms, it enables you to win new clients. it increases your earning power by helping you use your potential to the fullest and it helps you to become a better public speaker and to be liked by mass audience. If you read the book carefully and follow majority of the tips, you can learn to be friendlier and more presentable as a person. You can become a person who emits the positivity that is inside the heart. You can become a person people trust and want to be associated with.
Twelve Things This Book Will Do For You:
- Get you out of a mental rut, give you new thoughts, new visions, new ambitions.
- Enable you to make friends quickly and easily.
- Increase your popularity.
- Help you to win people to your way of thinking.
- Increase your influence, your prestige, your ability to get things done.
- Enable you to win new clients, new customers.
- Increase your earning power.
- Make you a better salesman, a better executive.
- Help you to handle complaints, avoid arguments, keep your human contacts smooth and pleasant.
- Make you a better speaker, a more entertaining conversationalist.
- Make the principles of psychology easy for you to apply in your daily contacts.
- Help you to arouse enthusiasm among your associates.
Six Ways to Make People Like You:
- Become genuinely interested in other people
- Remember that a person’s name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener.Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interest
- Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely
And MUCH MORE…
- Author: Dale Carnegie
- Genre: Self-Help
- Originally published: October 1936
Best Quotes From "How To Win Friends And Influence People"
- “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.”
- “Don’t be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.”
- “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
- “Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
- “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity.”
About The Author:
Dale Carnegie was a lecturer of public speaking at YMCA New York. He had also served U.S. army during World War 1. He started his career by giving lectures on personality development and public speaking. He became a sought after teacher and later, writer later on in his life. He published his first book in 1936 and authored more self-help books renowned around the world. Some of his other works include ‘How to Stop Worrying and Start Living’ and ‘Lincoln the Unknown’