‘The 7 habits of Highly Effective People’ is a book that aims at providing its readers with the importance of character ethics and personality ethics. The author talks about the values of integrity, courage, a sense of justice and most importantly, honesty. The book is a discussion about the seven most essential habits that every individual must adopt to in order to live a life which is more fulfilling.
The 7 habits included in the book are categorized into three categories:
- Continual improvement:
- Author: Stephen Covey
- Genres: Self-Help
- Originally published: 1989
Best Quotes From "The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People"
- “But until a person can say deeply and honestly, “I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday,” that person cannot say, “I choose otherwise.”
- “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
- “Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be.”
- “Start with the end in mind. ”
- “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.”
About The Author:
Stephen R Covey, the author of the book, is known to hold an MBA from the Harvard University. In his previous years of schooling, Covey also has studied Religious Education and Business Administration. It was in his doctoral thesis that Covey came across a contrast in the literature regarding self-help. His observations marked that the books post 1920’s focused highly on personality traits while the ones before that focused on character development. That is when the author put forth his belief about how a balance between the two is more essential than the two in isolation.