The international best-seller, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, is a self-help book and a business fable that will encourage you to follow your life’s mission and calling.
This inspiring tale provides a step-by-step approach to living with greater courage, balance, abundance, and joy. A wonderfully crafted fable, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari tells the extraordinary story of Julian Mantle, a lawyer forced to confront the spiritual crisis of his out-of-balance life. A sudden heart-attack creates havoc in the successful lawyer’s life. Jolted by the sudden onset of the illness, his practice comes to a standstill. He ponders over material success being worth it all, renounces all of it and leaves for India.
A visit to India about a spiritual awakening that opens up new vistas and Julian begins to view life in a different perspective. He decides to live his life once again but in a way that is much more fulfilling and meaningful than before.
In the book, the reader goes through a spiritual journey and into a very old culture that has gathered much wisdom over the millennia. The book advocates about how to live happily, think deep and rightly, value time and relationships, be more disciplined, follow the heart’s call and live every moment of the life.
On a life-changing odyssey to an ancient culture, he discovers powerful, wise, and practical lessons that teach us to:
- Develop Joyful Thoughts
- Follow Our Life’s Mission and Calling
- Cultivate Self-Discipline and Act Courageously
- Value Time as Our Most Important Commodity
- Nourish Our Relationships
- Live Fully, One Day at a Time
Written in simple words, the book has turned out to be a bestseller and is more than just an endearing story. Through storytelling, Robin Sharma showcases the miracles and wonders of living a fulfilling life. In the process, the book introduces readers to enlightening yet simple principles that vouch to make life better, happier and more meaningful.
A bestselling novel, what readers all over the globe appreciate about this book is its deft amalgam of the philosophies from both western and eastern worlds. The book has been followed by important personalities around the world.
- Author: Robin Sharma
- Genres: Self-Help, Fable, Fiction
- Originally published: 1996
Best Quotes From "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari"
- “Your “I CAN” is more important than your IQ.”
- “Everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality.”
- “I’ve learned that everything happens for a reason,” the yogi Krishnan told him. “Every event has a why and all adversity teaches us a lesson… Never regret your past. Accept it as the teacher that it is.”
- “Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. it will not only improve your life, it will improve the lives of all those around you.”
- “I once read that people who study others are wise but those who study themselves are enlightened”.”
About The Author:
Robin Sharma, the bestselling author of ‘The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari’, first published in 1999, is an International Leadership Professional Guru who is credited with having written 15 books on leadership. He has been guiding people to live a better life, by drawing inspiration from his own life experiences. The Leader Who Had No Title, The Leader Who Had No Title, The Greatness Guide and The Saint and The Saint are among his best books. He heads the Sharma Leadership International Inc, a firm that trains people in leadership. A former litigation lawyer, Robin holds a law degree from Dalhousie Law School, Canada. This book along with The Greatness Guide has been among the world’s bestsellers and has been translated in as many as 70 languages all over the world.