The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind, a self-help book by Joseph Murphy, seeks to help its readers transform the way they live by transforming the way they think.
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, one of the most beloved and bestselling inspirational guides of all time, shows how changing your thought patterns can produce dramatic improvements in your life. Using practical, easy-to-understand techniques and real-world case studies, Dr. Joseph Murphy reveals the vast influences of the subconscious mind on all aspects of existence-money, relationships, jobs, happiness-and how you can apply and direct its power to achieve your goals and dreams.
Murphy has combined scientific research with spiritual philosophy to create numerous techniques to control the incredible power of the subconscious mind. The techniques provided in the book are simple and invaluable. They are not merely theoretical in nature, but are backed by numerous real-life cases in which the techniques have proven highly effective.
The exercises and guidelines provided are highly practical, and can be adopted by absolutely anybody to uncover the secrets of prosperous living. These exercises provide a wide range of benefits. They can be used to overcome bad habits, compulsions, and phobias, strengthen relationships, build confidence, cure ailments, improve health, fight aging, and be successful.
The book helps each reader explore and utilise the latent power granted to every human being – the power of the subconscious.
- Author: Joseph Murphy
- Genre: Self-Help
- Originally published: 1963
Best Quotes From "The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind"
- “Just keep your conscious mind busy with expectation of the best.”
- “The only path by which another person can upset you is through your own thought.”
- “Busy your mind with the concepts of harmony, health, peace, and good will, and wonders will happen in your life.”
- “Prayer is the soul’s sincere desire. Your desire is your prayer. It comes out of your deepest needs and it reveals the things you want in life.”
- “The way to get rid of darkness is with light; the way to overcome cold is with heat; the way to overcome the negative thought is to substitute the good thought. Affirm the good, and the bad will vanish.”
About The Author:
Joseph Murphy was an American author of Irish origin. He was also a New Thought minister ordained in Religious Science and Divine Science.
Some of Murphy’s works include The Miracles Of Your Mind, The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind, Secrets Of The I Ching, Your Infinite Power To Be Rich, Living Without Strain, Songs Of God, and Within You Is The Power.
Murphy was born on May 20, 1898, in Ireland. He joined the Jesuits after studying for priesthood. In his twenties, he moved to the United States of America and became a pharmacist. He turned the Los Angeles Divine Science Church into one of the most prominent New Thought congregations in America. Murphy held degrees in chemistry and psychology. He was married twice. He passed away in 1981 in Laguna Hills, California.