The Secret is a 2006 self-help book by “Rhonda Byrne”, based on the earlier film of the same name. It is based on the belief of the law of attraction, which claims that thoughts can change a person’s life directly. The book has sold 30 million copies worldwide and has been translated into 50 languages.
According to the author, the book makes proper use of the ‘law of attraction’ and shows how positive thinking can open treasure trove of bountiful happiness, health and wealth. The book posits the law of attraction as a primeval law that completes the law of the universe (as well of our lives) through the process ‘like attracts like’. The author is also of the view that as people think-and-feel, so do they send a corresponding frequency to the universe that in turn attracts events and circumstances of the same frequency. Hence, if one is always able to think positive and think right, naturally, one will obtain the best results always. In all this argument however, there is no scientific basis for the views expressed as to how such ‘attraction’ affect the biological and physical processes of the body.
In this book, you’ll learn how to use The Secret in every aspect of your life—money, health, relationships, happiness, and in every interaction you have in the world. You’ll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that’s within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life.
The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers—men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible.
- Author: Rhonda Byrne
- Genre: Self-Help
- Originally published: 26 November 2006
Best Quotes From "The Secret"
- “Be grateful for what you have now. As you begin to think about all the things in your life you are grateful for, you will be amazed at the never ending thoughts that come back to you of more things to be grateful for. You have to make a start, and then the law of attraction will receive those grateful thoughts and give you more just like them.”
- “There is no such thing as a hopeless situation. Every single circumstances of your life can change! ”
- “There is a truth deep down inside of you that has been waiting for you to discover it, and that truth is this: you deserve all good things life has to offer.”
- “You become what you think about most.. But you also attract what you think about most. (John Assaraf) ”
- “Your power is in your thoughts, so stay awake. In other words, remember to remember.”
About The Author:
Rhonda Byrne, an Australian TV writer and producer, has made a name with her new thought books, The Secret, its sequel The Power, The Magic and The Hero. Byrne, in 2007 has also featured in the Time’s list of 100 people who shape the world. She lives by the philosophy that one may achieve all desires, wishes and dreams if one truly believes in it.