What To Say When You Talk To Yourself explores the principles behind self talk. In the book, the author Shad Helmstetter provides examples of the various levels of self talk as well as precise self talk scripts that readers can use to improve their inner dialogue and optimize their lives towards success.
This book will teach you how to reverse the effects of negative self-talk and embrace a more positive, optimistic outlook on life!
We talk to ourselves all of the time, usually without realizing it. And most of what we tell ourselves is negative, counterproductive, and damaging, preventing us from enjoying a fulfilled and successful life. But with Shad Helmsetter’s Five Levels of Self-Talk (Negative Acceptance, Recognition and Need to Change, Decision to Change, The Better You, and Universal Affirmation), you can take back control of your life via this accessible yet profound technique.
With this book, you can learn how to talk to your self in new ways, and jump-start a dramatic improvement in all areas of your life. So stop telling your self you can’t, and turn no into a resounding yes with What to Say When You Talk to Your Self!
- Author: Shad Helmstetter
- Genres: Self-Help
- Originally published: 1986
Best Quotes From "What To Say When You Talk To Yourself"
- “We control with our own minds most everything in our lives, including our health, our careers, our relationships, and our futures.”
- “The brain simply believes what you tell it most. And what you tell it about you, it will create. It has no choice.”
- “We are trying to force the brain to do something that it has not been programmed to do. The brain simply believes what you tell it the most. And what you tell it about you it will create. It has no choice.”
- “It isn’t the pen—it’s the writer; it isn’t the road—it’s the runner that counts.”
- “Give life to your dreams, give strength to your visions, and give light to your path.”
About The Author:
Shad Helmstetter, Ph.D. is the author of more than twenty books in the field of personal growth. His ground-breaking classic on the subject of self-talk, “What to Say When You Talk to Your Self,” is published in over 70 countries, and is in its 45th printing in 30+ years of publication.
Dr. Helmstetter has appeared on over 1200 radio and television programs, including repeat appearances on Oprah Winfrey, ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN News. His self-talk audio programs are listened to daily by individuals and families world wide.